Thursday 26 February 2009

Jesus, fun, evangelism - same sentence?



My recent reading of Luke 10, where Jesus sends out the 72, has led me into various places sharing how Jesus wants to put the fun back into the dreaded 'e' word evangelism. At the risk of appearing glib (not for the first time I hasten to add) 'staying there, eating and drinking whatever ever they put before you' does sound more like a fun night out with some friends to me than the variation where folk in our churches feel they're being pushed, or pulled, out into the big wide world where dragons rule. So, whilst I was absolutely delighted to get into the car last night and discover Liverpool had beaten Real Madrid 1-0 at the Bernabeu, surely I'd had been better off serving the Lord, watching the match down the local pub with a bunch of not-yet Christians?

No comments: