Monday 23 April 2012

Thank you to Worcester Park Baptist Church ....

I want to say 'thank you' to Worcester Park BC. As I said, to one of their members, this weekend, "you've helped me remember what a great thing it is to be a Minister in a local church'.
Maggie and I spent the weekend at Wokefield Park, which is a De Vere Hotel near Reading, leading their church weekend away. A fantastic time with all ages and the majority of their church family.
My input was on 'Cultivating Christian DNA', which enabled us to get into the territory I tend not to be able to spend much time with churches on, as a Regional Minister. It was a great reminder to me of how crucial who we are, as communities of the people of God, is sufficiently Christ-like for people to recognise Jesus among us.
As a RM, it is easy to give people the impression it's all about the big picture, vision, purpose, etc., but the reality is when the local church is working right-enough, there is nothing better placed to convey the reality of Jesus in today's generation.  

1 comment:

Lucy Wright said...

I shall pass on your thanks and comments to the church. Thank you for reminding us that its about being as much as doing, we all appreciated having you and Maggie with us this weekend.