Friday 9 January 2009

up the poppies


Well, I can’t believe it’s Friday as this week has flown by in a flurry of activity, I guess I was lulled into a sense of false security by a lighter diary the previous week, but this week has been full-on – hence no blogging activity. Well, we’ve had some fun-days (sorry Regional Minister team meetings) to lighten the load. It’s felt busier because Maggie has still not been well with her flu becoming a chest infection. At last, she’s on the mend and as I’ve been on chief meal duty for Emily and I, I’m glad to hear it. Still it’s not only me who’s been impressed with my dill sauce on the salmon and sweet and sour sauce in the stir- fry. Maggie’s dad is out of hospital which is good news – not that it’s impressed me with the NHS after-care and (lack of) communication. People moan about the church, but we don’t do such a bad job when it comes to expressing care and compassion and people notice – maybe because they have such a low threshold of expectancy from other services. However, not wanting to get my priorities totally out of kilter, the really big news for me over this last week is … Kettering are in the 4th round of the FA Cup – wow, bring on Fulham; even though I can’t get to the game that day. I’m glad they avoided Liverpool in the draw – too tense for me that would be! Emily’s definitely going to Brazil in March with a Latin link Step Team, which was her preferred option so that’s good too. 

No comments: