Tuesday 22 November 2011

movement

One of the things I love about photography is the fact you capture, in a split second, an image which can then be kept. So, with great anticipation I today, at last, am able to upload my photos from my most recent trip. Back home, I'm just beginning to enjoy looking at what will now be reminders of some amazing stories. So what, shall I post first was my question?
Well, here are two images of the same woman. In the first, she is walking down the river bank, through an amazing amount of mud.


The reason? Here she would be baptised, as you can see in the second image, along with 16 other people.
I've been thinking, talking, praying a lot recently about how we can re-kindle a sense of movement here in the UK. However, these photos, capture in a split second, a fast growing movement of the mission of God in India taking place across this vast country. What a thrill to meet people, who have only recently begun to follow Jesus, from Hindu, Muslim, and various other backgrounds.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great photos Nigel and I look forward to hearing more about the visit. You have a good mind so your insights will be helpful. For now, welcome home - there's a lot to do here as well! David K