Friday 29 August 2008

first gear

This week, I suspect, is the calm before the storm in terms of business and demands. Maggie & I had a great weekend over the bank holiday - walking part of the South West Coast Path - between Minehead and Woody Bay. The weather was fine for walking, but over the next few days it looks as if we'll record the dullest August on record - we felt distinctly sorry for everyone who'd had dull holiday weeks. For us, sun would have been a disadvantage for the steep inclines around Lynton & Lynmouth. Next week everything gears up again Church-wise. The induction season begins tomorrow and we have Settlement Team and Team Leaders meetings monday-wednesday and, trying to give a Church a date this week, I found I had no more evenings left to offer during October - so I'm not going looking for too many emergencies for a while! This week, however, has been a great slide back into things - enough space to get on top of things and no evenings out all week! The downside of this was I had to endure the agony of Liverpool's un-convincing win and entrance into the Champions League proper. I traditionally haven't tried to get to the qualifying game and then try and get in on the cycle of Champions league home games, but this season the diary looks as if it's won - if only UEFA understood Regional Ministers need more notice! We had a good day together as an RM team - I am so grateful for these guys - and feel we're progressing. The new website, strategy, etc. seem to developing, which will all hopefully help.

No comments: