Thursday 21 August 2008

Jesus Shaped Church


Jesus Shaped Church – we have everything shaped and/or driven these days, but where is the Jesus shaped? Try google yourself – what’s really striking to me is the absence of what I’d have thought would be a massive topic, or at least a variation on a theme. Compare this to  - well, almost anything else. So why not? I guess, I’d feel a little diffident about writing a book called ‘Jesus Shaped Church’ for fear of what everyone else might think I was trying to say, so I can understand that dimension – I mean, how can anything measure up?

However, understanding British reserve aside there is a real sense in which this needs to be our obsession. Of course, one of the big issues – and maybe why so few people mention it – is once you do you kind of feel you need to do more about it – rats!

No comments: