Saturday 18 April 2009

Everest!

This folks is Mount Everest! Yes, I realise there's a few other mountains in there as well, but that's the Himalaya's for you - miles and miles of rugged, beautiful mountains. Nuptse is on the left at 7855m and Lhotse on the right at 8516m. but Everest herself is there in the middle - a majestic 8848m high. What makes this photo so special is it's mine - it's not the best photo you'll ever see - I could blame the airplane window, I could blame the Nepalise inefficiency for not getting us off the ground on schedule at 6.30 am, but I don't really care so much about the quality of this one, I was there! I had some thoughts about blogging whilst in Nepal, but to be honest, it was all I could do to access the internet long enough to catch up with the football results - not only was I on holiday, but with powercuts typically running at 16 hours per day it wasn't the easiest of tasks. No doubt about it the early morning Everest flight was one of the highlights - it was absolutely awesome and one of those moments I expected to disappoint as I'd looked forward to it for years, but it was even better than anticipated. 

No comments: