Sunday 15 March 2009


A sporting weekend this one. We went up to the Stafford Horse trails to watch Ben on Saturday – he did really well with a Dressage score of 37.5 having just got Hattie straight off the lorry, 4 faults in the Show Jumping and a clear Cross Country. Alongside this I was listening to Liverpool’s demolition of Man Utd at Old Trafford – it all seems too late for the title, but it sure feels good!

Today was the Bath Half Marathon – a lovely day for those watching, but too hot for me. Coupled with the fact I didn’t do enough longer runs before hand I didn’t get what I was after and had to be content with 1hr. 45m, which Tom says is still pretty good. Maggie’s suggesting I might be too old to get  a new PB, which, of course, is all the incentive I need to prove her wrong. Off to BU Council tomorrow, which is often described as a three-day church meeting and some people just love it – not me I hasten to add. I wont go as far as suggesting it’s a necessary ‘evil’, but it’s not my favourite way to approach the business of the kingdom. That said, there’s some crucial issues arising this time, so it might be more fun than usual.

No comments: