Tuesday 17 March 2009

where the future meets the past....

Where the future meets the past. I just love phrases like this one I read on Alan Hirsch’s blog recently. He was using it to talk about the interface between the progressive forces that mission imposes on the one hand and conservative forces of tradition that must be maintained in order to retain organisational identidy and theological integrity, on the other hand. However, isn’t just a great thought to conjure with? Wouldn’t it make a difference if every worship service had a genuine intention to provide an environment ‘where the future meets the past’?
As for me at the moment - I'm at the BU Council meetings 'where the future meets the past"? - let's just say the opportunity is here, but I'll reserve my judgment as to whether it'll happen this time around - there's still tomorrow!

No comments: