Sunday 1 June 2008

church leadership and family systems


From tuesday-friday I'm at the Mennonite Centre in Highgate, London, to take part in their 'Church Leadership and Family Systems' course. I must say, I'm really looking forward to trying to get a better handle on Murray Bowen's Family Systems Theory. I've dipped into to it in the past through Peter Steinke's "Healthy Congregations' & 'How Your Church Family Works' which are both Alban Institute publications. Hopefully, it'll help me blend together theory and practice a little more - we'll see! I always love going to the Mennonite Centre - ever since working there for my dissertation about Michael Sattler's Theology of Suffering when at Spurgeon's: every morning I was there someone brought me the best peanut-butter sandwiches I've ever tasted.

2 comments:

graham old said...

You might also enjoy 'Never Call
Them Jerks' by the Mennonite Arthur Paul Boers

Unknown said...

ouch! - I bought this about three years ago and it's still on the shelf - so thanks (on behalf of Maggie I'm sure!).