Saturday 28 June 2008

Prince Caspian


went to see Prince Caspian last night - haven't yet read any reviews so don't know what I'm 'supposed' to say. I've got two words: 'brilliant' and 'imagination'. 
Brilliant because I loved it. Now, you must understand I was always bound to love it as someone who's almost convinced the Chronicles of Narnia are part of the Bible. However, I've generally been hugely disappointed in most portrayals until the previous 'The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe,  was also directed by Andrew Adamson. This one is better in my not so humble opinion.
Imagination because it's that word again. Reepicheep, a mouse for the uninitiated, at one point declares to his enemy. 'you people have no imagination'. Mice fighting a war? Children leading a battle to overcome centuries of decay and evil? Stupid, childish, impossible .... come on where's your imagination? Can you believe God has already put in your Church what he needs for it to take the next bold step of faith .... come on where's your imagination. 

No comments: