Monday 1 December 2014

Advent 1 .... are you prepared to prepare?

‘there was also a prophet, Anna, the daughter of Phanuel, the tribe of Asher. She was very old; she had lived with her husband seven years after her marriage, and then had been a widow for eithy four year. She never left the temple but worshipped night and day, fasting and praying.’ Luke 2:36-37.

I’ve just seen the red ‘stop’ sign. I’m almost upon it. What do I do? On this occasion I slam on the brakes, other times (I confess) I’ve winged it, or not ... the speed points tell their own story!
Advent has arrived and 1st December is upon us. Last year I rejoiced in taking part in a couple of life enriching Advent experiences and I thought ‘next year I’ll build on this’. Too late – time for preparedness has gone (again).
God didn’t leave preparing to prepare did he? God doesn't leave preparing to prepare does he?

I have. But it’s not too late to stop! Stop. Not do. Prepare for the next not-do-day. I need to prepare to prepare.

No comments: