Sunday 14 December 2014

OK wise guys ...



Magi from the east came to Jerusalem and asked, ‘Where is the one who has been born king of the Jews? We saw his star when it rose and have come to worship him.’ Matthew 2:1-2.

I love these wise guys. Maybe it’s the mystery. Despite the legends, we hardly know anything, certainly, about these magi.

What I do know is they challenge me every year. They make me sit up and ask how far I’ve journeyed following God this year? They had a rough idea where they were going, but why, where were un-answerables .. until they arrived.

By my standards they didn't even seek God in a way I approve of (all that star stuff), but they pursued the light as best they could.

The thing is with God is, he gives us just enough light for the next step. Maybe advent is a good time to stop before I take another step forward and just check. 

No comments: