Tuesday 16 December 2014

Can you see in the dark?


The people walking in darkness have seen a great light; on those living in the land of deep darkness a light has dawned. You have enlarged the nation and increased their joy; they rejoice before you as people rejoice at the harvest, as warriors rejoice when dividing the plunder. Isaiah 9: 2-3.

Hindsight is great for seeing in the dark - certainly better than carrots! Me-requisite for looking back is the light is back on. It’s easy, for me, reading these wonderful words at Christmas … Jesus is our ‘light of the world’ and everyone else is ****** 
My pre-requisite for looking back is the light is back on!

However, Lord, right now it’s dark out there and I need to see the light. I’m humbled reading from Iraq “please pray for us, we never fear from such terrorist attacks” Looking outside-in the light is flickering, but not from their perspective. For them the light has come. They have seen a great light: Jesus. Please Lord, me too, right here, right now. May I take the next step according to your word.

No comments: