Sunday 7 December 2014

Advent day 7. Not everybody can wait.

‘ … no word from God will ever fail.’

‘I am the Lord’s servant,’ Mary answered. ‘May your word to me be fulfilled.’ Then the angel left her. Luke 1: 37-38

“More than one window was open when I got home’ – mum’s verdict on Isabella’s first encounter with an advent calendar - dad was on duty!

Not everybody can wait. I’m tempted to say ‘nobody’ - if we’re looking for a 100% success rate. What we choose to wait for is often selective. With God’s words, however, the choice is whether we wait in faith, or frustration, as we can't pester him into an early submission.

I’m still astonished by Mary’s response. Absolute trust in the seed of God’s word. It would be months before anyone could see any evidence and even then she knew hardly anyone would believe her side of the story. 


Some story! Who’s writing yours?

No comments: