Thursday 11 December 2014

Blessed? Who says? God says!

My spirit rejoices in God my Saviour, for he has been mindful of the humble state of his servant. From now on all generations will call me blessed ...
Luke 1: 47-48

Blessed? Who says? God says! However, the still staggering thing reading Mary’s response, at this stage of the greatest story ever told, is she said. Mary translated God’s words into her life; to the point she knew she was truly blessed by him.

I regularly preach about the blessing of God as being freely available and accessible for people. I know, however, a lesser percentage translate God’s blessing to the point they know.

My understanding of the Hebrew mind-set tells me knowing was less about concepts, understanding, or theories. They only knew when they’d embodied what they’d been taught.

Mary knew the blessing of God pre-evidence, pre-confirmation, pre-support. When you really know nothing else matters.



No comments: