Saturday 6 December 2014

Advent day 6. May it be to me?

In the sixth month of Elizabeth’s pregnancy, God sent the angel Gabriel to Nazareth, a town in Galilee, to a virgin pledged to be married to a man named Joseph, a descendant of David. The virgin’s name was Mary. Luke 1: 26-27

It's all so matter of fact. However, imagine what Mary saw, on the horizon of her future day one, pledged to be married to Joseph. It certainly wasn’t this guy Gabriel rocking up and the news he brings was well off her radar. Let’s face it, although we read ‘Mary was greatly troubled at his words’, Gabriel’s greeting was the least of her worries!

Despite all this, before the end of this conversation, which couldn't have lasted very long, Mary is saying: ‘I am the Lord’s servant. May it be to me according to your word’.

That’s what I call obedience. Mary’s done nothing. She’s 100% in God’s hands. She’s secure in that place.

‘Lord may it be to me’.

No comments: