Wednesday 10 December 2014

No thing impossible?



Even Elizabeth your relative is going to have a child in her old age, and she who was said to be unable to conceive is in her sixth month. For no word from God will ever fail.

Luke 1: 36-37

‘No word from God will ever fail’. Sometimes my problem is knowing it’s God … but then knowing …. it often feels like a bigger problem! The word I use publicly is ‘challenge’ and whilst my ‘challenges’ are not unique, they can feel like it.

Being told she wasn’t the only woman, under the spotlight of God’s miraculous intervention, may not have been much comfort for Mary.

After Gabriel had left, she was still left with …. ‘my problem’.

Except Mary didn’t use that word. Mary dived right into the flow of God’s word. ‘I am the Lord’s servant’ – wherever, whatever that word brought Mary would stay with it.

No thing is impossible for God, but no response from me?

No comments: